Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Silver bullets

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:46:29 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
So, I've been re-reading my various Patricia Briggs werewolf
books,
and
one of the recurring micro-themes is various characters whining
about
what a crappy material silver is for bullets, because it's too
hard.

So -- has anyone who's done reloading also handled pure silver,
that
hasn't been alloyed with whatever to make it hard enough for
jewelery or
silverware? Is it really too hard to make decent ammunition from?
Would
a hollow-point silver round fail to fragment nicely?

(I'm not going to have silver bullets in my survivalist kit -- I'm
just
wondering, from a practical standpoint, if the claim about silver
being
too hard is really true, or just un-educated author bullsh**).

--
www.wescottdesign.com

http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Vault-Holy.../dp/B000GTNPP2

http://www.rfcafe.com/miscellany/hum...nd-grenade.htm

Wait a minute. That's a bunny bomb. We're talkin' werewolves here,
son.

It had fangs and attacked because it was a were-rabbit. They are real,
you know:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/animators...lity-1754.html
"This is no ordinary rabbit. We are dealing with a monster. ..."

There's something unusual running loose around here. The description
is all black, bigger and thinner than a raccoon, with a long snout,
narrow tail and hind legs longer than the front ones. I just missed
seeing it the other day when a neighbor called to me from too far away
as I was going into the house. He said it was alert and cautious like
a wild animal, not oblivious like an escaped exotic pet. Maybe a
Chupacabra?

-jsw