Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Silver bullets

On 8/13/2015 4:22 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:36:42 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:
snip

Now, for taking werewolves, you might want to use a lead bullet as
a sort of sabot for a silver penetrater.

I was thinking along those lines myself. I don't know how hard it would
be to cast or fabricate the silver pieces, but if there's a serious
werewolf infestation in the Pacific Northwest that's probably what I'd
want to do.

This has the additional advantage that you can start with jewelery-grade
silver, which will be easier to come by until it becomes obvious that
said werewolf infestation is truly an issue.

You really need to know what the LD100 is. If it was small enough, you
could just mix silver powder in bullet lead before casting. Without
knowing it, even jewelry silver might not do the job. And for pure
silver it would determine the size of the bullet. The devil is in the
details, even here.

Bob