Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Dunkin' CEO: $15 minimum wage is 'outrageous'

On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 09:40:59 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 11:54:00 AM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

There is no reason or evidence that I know of that suggests that would
be true. The supply/demand curve now is biased by the minimum wage.
Nobody knows by how much.

Ed Huntress

And more to the point, no one knows if the supply/ demand curve is biased at all by the minimum wage. You said yourself that no one knows by how much. Well then the bias might be zero. That is my guess. Back about six years ago, a friend tried to hire some teenagers to do some yard work in the Seattle area. At $15 an hour he found NONE. The minimum wage law at less than $10 was not having much effect.

Dan

I'm even less moved by anecdotes than I am by old neo-liberal economic
theories. d8-)

Again, the "market-clearing" low wage is unknown, except that we know
it's no higher than the current minimum. If it was, no one would be
paid the minimum -- but 3.6 million people are.

--
Ed Huntress