Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy[_9_] Randy[_9_] is offline

Default Old Smith Drum Sliding Bed metal lathe help

Smith Drum sliding bed HK 808. I took this lathe as payment, don't know a
lot about it but want to learn. The tail stock doesn't advance or retract,
you can spin the hand wheel all day and nothing. Does anyone have a parts
breakdown of whats suppose to be in the tail stock. I know I'm missing
some parts. I just don't know which ones. The carriage engages sometime
and sometimes it doesn't. When it does its moving it toward the chuck, I
cant figure out how to get it moving the opposite way. I need a manual or
a copy of one or a old machinist that lives close.

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...lp-619307-.htm