Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default they think I'm the evil one if I want a return on my investment in themStarbucks

On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 15:44:04 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 17:23:57 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

One suggestion is to require the individuals "stuck" in
these jobs or "unemployable" to attend paid basic
literacy/numeracy and urban survival skill [including money
management] classes, i. e. "a hand up, not a hand out.".

Excellent suggestion!!!

Yes, wonderful. But because _attitude_ plays so big a part in dead
end jobs, how about some more facets?

1) Enforced use of the English language/reading/writing. (Many of
these folks are illegals. They were supposed to be vetted before being
allowed into the country, but that's no longer the case. Also, inner
cities have allowed Ebonics and Spanglish to rule whole areas.
Bilingualism (and other Liberal cluster****s) has screwed up schools,
teachers, and students and failed to make much of a dent.

2) Mandatory drug/alcohol testing for any Gov't employee or person on
welfare or other form of dole, including unemployment. (This will help
clean things up from both sides)

3) Videotape class "incidents" so troublemakers can be dealt with
properly. One bad egg can screw up an entire classroom if they're not
handled promptly. If they don't want to learn, toss them out on their
asses and let them fend for themselves. Limiting teaching to those
who actually _want_ help increases their chances and benefits society.

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess