Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Dunkin' CEO: $15 minimum wage is 'outrageous'

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 14:45:32 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 7:59:54 AM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Go for it! And the next time you hear about your CEO getting an
increase in his bonus, be sure to bring up the fact that you've "lost
buying power" relative to him -- perhaps by a factor of 10 or more
greater than the *amount* of buying power you've lost.

That's not the mentality of most businesspeople I've known. Not even
of engineers.

Well I kind of have gone into business for myself. I think a lot about various businesses I could go into. But none of my ideas seem like they would be real businesses. They all seem like they would be hobby businesses. And they all require work. And I do not need the money. So I just do a little investing and make more money than when I was working as an engineer.

And I am trying to get the next generation interested in investing. I funded my sister's granddaughter's Roth IRA. And am hoping she will eventually get interested.

Dan

I hope you succeed. It sounds like you're a good example for her.

--
Ed Huntress