Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default they think I'm the evil one if I want a return on my investmentin themStarbucks

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 3:59:32 PM UTC-4, F. George McDuffee wrote:

Your [and my] taxes subsidize the labor costs of the below
living wage through SNAP/food stamps, section 8 housing,
Medicaid/social services, and private donations such as
community pantries/food banks, among other entitlements.
There is also the astronomical cost of sustaining the
unemployable. The consequential societal costs such as
wasted productivity, and police/court/penal costs dwarf the
sustenance costs.

--
Unka' George

You are right. Our taxes subsidize those that do not have well paying jobs. So what. The government should help those that need help.

But is it not cheaper to subsidize those that need help. Or is it cheaper to raise the minimum wage and have fewer low wage earners. And then pay all the expenses of those that have lost jobs.

Dan