Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Under 65 and expecting SS ?

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 3:59:40 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

I don't recall anyone ever telling me that. Anyone who followed the
extensive news coverage of the adjustments made in '83, or Greenspan's
controversial comments about it in the years since, would know better.

--
Ed Huntress

You must have not paid any attention to Al Gore.

During the presidential debate, Vice President Gore told the nation, "I will keep Social Security in a lockbox, and that pays down the national debt."

You really have a better memory than that.

And you believed him? I thought you would have known enough about it
to know better.

--
Ed Huntress

You said no one ever told you that. My reply has nothing to do with what I believe . It was just that people in the government did try to tell you that Social Security was safe because of the trust fund. They made a big thing about the trust fund. Anyone with any sense knew better, but millions were deceived.

Big lies sometimes work well enough.

Dan