Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Dunkin' CEO: $15 minimum wage is 'outrageous'

On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 13:15:20 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 1:34:46 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Actually, that applies to you. I took the whole post and showed that
your entire premise was a pile of ****. Scotty was wrong by a factor
of 18. You went along.

Now you have a new premise. Tell us about the "numerous" retailers, in
concrete terms, and the net result of the wage increases. Be careful
-- your "facts" will be checked.

--
Ed Huntress

You claim to show what will happen, but I think you are wrong.

I do NOT claim to know what will happen. I never said any such thing.
I'm pointing out that these two characters don't know what will
happen, but they claim they do.

There are entire commissions trying to figure out what will happen.

Increasing the minimum wage is likely to have a trickle up effect. The people who were making $ 15 an hour before the minimum wage will get their wages increased. There current employer will either pay more or they will find another job that does pay more. And so on. So eventually even those on Social Security will get more. It will just cause inflation and that will eventually get $15 an hours as not enough to live on.

Your guess is noted. It sounds a lot like the guess, 7 years ago, that
we were headed for raging inflation because of the deficit spending.

You did not consider anything but the cost of labor going up. But a higher Minimum wage will increase all costs eventually.

Pure speculation.

--
Ed Huntress