Wdyorchid

Default Sony Trinitron lost green & a homemade CRT test jig. (kv-27ts20)

I'm sorry to dissapoint you but their were no diagnostic done so far except a
bang here and there on the components with a wooden spatula. The TV weren't
transported before the failure. I'd decided not to buy a service manual. I'd
also felt the temperature on each heat sink and they appear to run warm as
normal. The Tv has been repaired twice by a friend and probably replaced the
tube and the resistor(s) you pointed out. My idea of the test jig is probably a
bad one.
-Wd

Forget trying to swap tubes with a different model - unless you want to see
how much equipment you can wreck in one day.

You didn't give enough information for a diagnosis. It could be something as
simple as a purity error due to a magnetic field from something like a
speaker, or if you relocated the set. It could be an electronic fault in
the colour decoding or display circuitry, or a tuner fault.

Also, if it's an older set, the high value resistors on the tube base PCBs
of Sony TVs tend to drift off value and cause lousy pictures - replace them
with metal film ones instead of carbon.

Let's hear more about the fault and the diagnostic tests done thus far.