Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Under 65 and expecting SS ?

On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 14:58:26 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 5:37:23 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 14:10:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 3:48:55 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

There is no problem with Social Security. That's another myth.

--
Ed Huntress

You might make a fuller explaination of this.

Read the whole thing, Dan. It says about the same thing that was said
in 1987. Socieal Security needs another adjustment like it had it
1988. It's not a catastrophe. It's just the result of changing
demographics.

And, if the Medicaid projections for the rest of the century hold true
(both accounts are intermingled), we're all screwed anyway, SS,
Medicare, or not.

--
Ed Huntress

I did not say it was a catastrophy or that it could not be solved. But it sure sounds like a problem to me.

Say you are driving in your car and blue smoke starts coming out of the exhause pipe. That is a problem. Sure it can be fixed, but it is going to take money to do it. And you might have thought you were going to spend the money on something else.

Dan

"Blue smoke" hardly sounds like a simple adjustment.....