Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Under 65 and expecting SS ?

On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 3:48:55 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

There is no problem with Social Security. That's another myth.

--
Ed Huntress

You might make a fuller explaination of this. I think the government said that the money coming in is less than the money going out as of last year. Might have been as of 2015.

This from the government web site.

Social Security's total expenditures have exceeded non-interest income of its combined trust funds since 2010, and the Trustees estimate that Social Security cost will exceed non-interest income throughout the 75-year projection period. The Trustees project that this annual cash-flow deficit will average about $76 billion between 2015 and 2018 before rising steeply as income growth slows to its sustainable trend rate after the economic recovery is complete while the number of beneficiaries continues to grow at a substantially faster rate than the number of covered workers.

It may be no problem to you, but it sounds like a problem to me.

Dan