Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend[_7_] Karl Townsend[_7_] is offline

Default Y axis powerfeed

I hit the back of the column hard and lost the Y axis powerfeed on my
Supermax last spring. really miss it.

Today, I started chasing down where a shear pin might be. There's a
cover labled shear pin on the table left side. look at the yellow
arrow in the picture. it appears to be for the X axis only.

Just above this cover was a black rubber plug, red arrow. In here, you
can see the Y axis turning and then stalls when engaging the Y axis
feed. See the close up picture. The shear pin must be VERY NEAR here.
I don't see it or how attack getting to this spot.

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/...ble%20left.jpg

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/...%20closeup.jpg

Anyone have experience with this issue?