Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Win-10 warning

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 06:59:11 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Mike Spencer on 31 Jul 2015 01:44:52

writes:

Their worst windows and DOS versions were the ODD numbered ones.

MS-DOS 4 was a total lemon. DOS 6 had so many innovations that it was
a total PITA. DOS 5 was, within the intrinsic limitations of DOS, a
workhorse. I still have a Linux box that I can boot into DOS 5 for a
game and another program that I like.

Yep. There are still things which the command line alone makes
"simpler" to do. E.G., Robocopy.exe makes doing incremental backups
easier (once you've mastered the toggles and write a batch file.)
I mean, can Windows copy only newer files to a target location,
without requiring you to verify each and every one? If it can, the
method is a deeply concealed secret.

ObMetal: Did some clever things with Improces editing photos of forged
metalwork to adjust color tone and, in one instance, to actually
colorize a B&W photo to make the copper part look realisticaly like
the copper that it was. With DOS 5.

--
pyotr filipivich

Win 10 does have an immulator that appears to work nicely..for the
stuff I tried. Ran some stuff in DOS and in Win98 mode..ran with no
problems

Gunner