Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Under 65 and expecting SS ?

On 7/31/2015 7:26 AM, Rex wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 8:50:51 PM UTC-5, amdx wrote:
I'm 60 yrs old and just now started to think I will not receive the full
Social Security benefit until death.
This article caused the change in my thinking.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...t-baby-boomers

Mikek

That disclaimer has been on my statements for many years. It's one reason I started SS at 62

But it's more than the disclaimer.
Something will need to be done by 2033. Probably before.
Either raise SS withholding, reduce SS benefits or take it out of the
general fund. ah, oh wait.
In 2033 the lock box* will only have 73 cents for every $1 of out going
benefits.

* a mythical place within the general fund for the money that is
credited to the SS fund. The money credited to this account has been
spent. Then more money was borrowed and spent. Then more money was
borrowed and spent. :-(

Mikek

---