Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default One-handed pullups

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:04:45 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

I didn't know planes had handlebars with tank slap.

What you don't know is the relationship to castering nosewheels,
despite seeing it in print. And you'd rather jabber than learn. Do you
actually believe that foaming at the mouth makes more sense than
figuring out something so simple and obvious?

Good point. I wasn't paying attention to castering, and indeed there could be resonance.
So you proved my initial assertion, you know, that rubbish of steering dampening on bike.
Altho, by sheer geometry, you can see that a castering nosewheel likely has far fewer requirements for dampening than a bike wheel. Esp if they are double nosewheels.

See, Cap'n Ahole/Ahab, you can do it, you can do it, I know you can!! Run over to rec. running.... oh, sorry, too much work... scroll down here to july 22 and poke as many holes in PV's Fundamental Theorem of Max Fat Burning as you can.
Report back. We so value your opinion. And your integrity. And your lifestyle.
You are our collective hero.
If I'm lucky, you might catch a typo or two. You proly shoulda been a proofreader, but al-ass, even that requires some character and honesty.

Ok, since we've now run into two people with the temerity to talk
about the factors involved in front-wheel oscillation, where does
precession come into it? Or doesn't it?

Precession is one of the factors that lead to wheel "tramp" on the
front end of cars with solid front axles. It's a subject that's always
required brain-twisting for me, and I don't do that much of that
anymore, so I'm wondering if you have an answer.

--
Ed Huntress

Ahm no spert, but I thought precession was mostly for tops, gyroscopes, and planets, around the rotational axis'n'****.
If a car wheel is precessing, mebbe it needs new bearings?? LOL

It shows up at speed, so it wasn't an issue with really old road cars.
But it became an issue for the old Indy roadsters, and even later, for
Midgets.

I never dug into it; I was just curious.

--
Ed Huntress