chris French

Default Leaky Ultraframe conservatory roof

In message lgate.org,
Michael Mcneil writes
"Jasper" wrote in message
. com
I just can't believe that the roof design relies on the silicone!

I can't believe you spent a load of dosh on it and found a fault
important enough to post on here but not important enough to bother your
fat head with posting a picture of.

Seems easy enough to imagine what the problem is, and anyway I hope you
aren't suggesting they should have posted a picture to the group?

It does seem a poor design. I've not much experience of conservatory
roofs, but my parents wooden one has aluminium extrusions where the roof
panels fit, they do have rubber seals, but the design is such that if
water does get round them it is caught by the channel and drained away.

When was this roof installed? If it has always leaked then it should be
the suppliers responsibility to sort it out.
--
Chris French, Leeds