Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The bizarre and irrational beliefs of gun nuts about household gun ownership numbers

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:11:23 -0700, A less crunchy technique
wrote:

On 7/27/2015 1:45 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 11:49:30 -0700, A less crunchy technique
wrote:

On 7/27/2015 11:30 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 05:41:04 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

On 7/26/2015 5:39 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Now, about "irrational" fear of guns. According to many sources, there
are a little over 600 accidental shooting deaths per year, and WISQARS
reports between 14,000 and 19,000 nonfatal, accidental injuries.

How irrational do you think those fears really are?

Guns are generally very dangerous devices. I was a certified rifle
instructor and taught gun safety in several environments. For anyone
who has little exposure to guns, fear looks like a rational reaction.
Their original and still primary purpose, after all, is killing things
-- mostly people.

Odd. I respect what guns can do, but they are no more inherently
dangerous than any other inanimate object. I fear guns in the sense that
some people can be dangerous with guns, but that is not an irrational
fear, quite the contrary. I fear hammers in the sense that some people
can be dangerous with hammers, but that is not an irrational fear, quite
the contrary.

I agree that guns were and are designed for killing, yet mine have only
done so to kill deer while I've had them. I respect their potential for
destruction, but I don't irrationally fear it.

David

SOME guns are designed to kill..others are not.

However a claw hammer is designed to drive nails and remove
nails...yet they kill very well..and quite often.

Cite.

In fact, it's a lie. A contributor at the right-wing Breitbart cites a
few years of FBI crime statistics, in which the total number of people
murdered with *all* blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) is a few hundred.

2005 - 605
2006 - 618
2011 - 496
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...overnment%2529

You lied when you said that claw hammers kill "quite often." Maybe
you'd like to tell us how many people you arrested for claw hammer
murders when you "dabbled as a reserve Deputy for a couple years"
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...864f4b5ffce244

Hardly a lie.

It was just a lie. In fact, claw hammers almost certainly account for a
relatively small percentage of the 496-618 blunt object murders.

How many? Be specific. Provide your cites. Ill be waiting.

In fact..you have a lot of things to answer for....

I have nothing to "answer for", you impotent clown.

Yes you do.

as for my "couple a years"..indeed. Im 62 (or nearly so)...7 yrs..IS
"only a couple a years".

You gave specific numbers, ass-clown:

"a reserve Deputy at night (two years)"
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....f6b3de8807600c

"Worked for 5 yrs as a reserve Sheriff's Deputy"
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...b03648c38ec69b

"8 yrs on the street as a cop"
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...8e16741f642645

Specific numbers that don't agree.

Ayup..and when asked how many nuts and bolts I bought Saturday..Im
likely to say a handful, or a couple dozen, or....and?

Hell..you wont even admit to anybody who you are..and you are giving
me **** for off the cuff answers? ROFLMAO!!!

You got kicked off the Fresno County Sheriff department for
incompetence: deputies are expected to be precise with numbers.

And yet we see another intentional lie from you. You arent very good
at it though.

Gunner