Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default For Ed Huntress - file request

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 05:51:09 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 23:32:00 -0400, Joe Gwinn
wrote:

Mr. Ed said:
All in all, combined with the fact that we know we have over 14
million fewer hunters than we would have if the percentages hadn't
changed since 1960, it all points to the idea that we have fewer gun
owners with more guns. You can pick at the statistics but at some
point you have to come down somewhere, and the evidence comes down on
the side of the idea there are fewer gun owners.

I have no opinion on the truth of this claim.

Fewer gun owners? This I doubt. I've talked to several of my old
friends recently and found that they either got CCWs or new handguns
recently.

Aha, Dr. Demento sticks his oar in...

Larry, you've now contradicted yourself within the span of three
sentences -- a new record!

(If you doubt that there are fewer gun owners, and you base it on the
fact that *existing* gun owners got CCWs or new guns, you've just
jumped beyond a nonsensical conclusion, and landed flatly on top of
your head.)

--
Ed Huntress