Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Spencer Mike Spencer is offline

Default Large anvils

On Wednesday, July 17, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Hi All,

I see posts concerning blacksmithing here, so this should be appropriate.

Any Idea of how much a large ( 350 pound to 500 pound ) blacksmiths
anvil should be worth?

In good condition, anywhere from $1 a pound up to over $1000. New
European anvils run over US$1,000 for that size.

A 300# anvil should be plenty heavy enough for anything unless you're
doing a lot of work with a striker or two and a 12# or 16# sledge.

And where to get one?

Look around for an ABANA chapter (http://www.abana.org/) in your
area. Most chapters have regular meets with tailgate sales and
individual members may be able to point you to a vendor if you find
and hang out with them.

And watch Kijiji, Craigslist and similar venues like a hawk.

Please email me if you have the answers. ( post publically too, for
everyone to learn , but my newsfeed sucks so I may not see it.).

Sorry, your email address had been munged by the time I saw your post.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada