Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Honda's New Fuel Injected 2-Stroke

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 18:12:01 +1000, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 7/22/2015 2:31 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

My last serious dirt bike...

http://www.motociclismo.it/ducati-sc...ione-moto-1134

Nice! Dad sold one each of this model in 250 and 350 at our shop in the
early 70's. The 250 went to an older fellow in the next town. Some years
after the shop closed, I'd ride by his place now and then, and would see
it in his garage looking showroom new. Thought several times about
trying to make him an offer and buy it. Well one day a fellow rides up
to the hobby shop my brother worked at, on this pristine 250 Scrambler.
Yup, the very one. Guy paid a grand for it, had about 200 miles on the
odometer. Kicked myself a few times over that.
Had at one time a couple 250s, 350, RT 450 Desmo, spare 450 engine,
parts to build at least one more 250, and all the Ducati inventory from
the shop. Sold it all well before eBay came along. Would be a fortune
today. There's an RT450 on eBay down here, $10k!
Still have a 350 engine, pondering either another Maicati, or build a
street tracker. Lots of smooth dirt roads around here.

Jon

I dont have (at the moment) much interest in dirt bikes..and I am
getting a bit older..not sure how well Id heal if I went and played
hard on one. Still got the BMW, the Indian/Royal Enfield and am
planning on going after that Triumph Tiger 650 with sidecar that I
traded for. Sailboats are currently my nut...chuckle...Ill swap off
and play with bikes again probably next summer.

Gunner

My last serious dirt bike was an 81 Maico 490. Should have kept it but
didn't want to see that best sitting still. Guy I sold it to raced it
for a couple years then sold it. If the company had been able to keep up
with the changes they would likely still be a dominant track bike.

--
Steve W.