Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Zoro

On 07/22/2015 10:28 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

They asked for a company name. Do they really care if you are a
hobbyist?

Grainger has given me trouble about that in the past if I wasn't
wearing an ID badge.

I never had any problem w/ Grainger and OTC sales as individual; can't
speak of what they try to do on web site but unless you're required to
have a D&B rating or somesuch, how're they to know? Fill out whatever
forms with whatever they require even if it's just you and a DBA
designation; there's no implication unless you try to avoid tax as
reseller or the like.