Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Honda's New Fuel Injected 2-Stroke

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 08:29:50 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 21:34:48 +1000, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 7/21/2015 1:32 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Bringin' braappers back to life. I love it!

http://www.gizmag.com/honda-two-stro...-filing/38529/

Ossa has a direct injection 2 stroke:

https://transmoto.com.au/ossa-direct-injection-two-stroke-trials-bike/

Watercooled 2-stroke? That's a very odd looking scoot.

After seeing more trials riding videos lately, I can see where the
kids on the stunt bikes get their inspiration. Trials is amazing.

Attempting to learn it was a very humbling experience for me. So was

I can imagine. I wanted a bit more speed back then and played on
friends' Hodaka Combat Wombats most often.

ice racing. I could bumble around the courses but was nowhere near
competitive.
http://www.mvtr.org/

They really give you the reflexes to control a car on ice.

That might be the only reason I'd attempt learning it. I don't
throw
myself down an ice slope without brakes, either. I water skied.
A buddy had a really tricked Husky 400 we nicknamed The Trencher. It
had a toggle switch throttle. Thank CROM it was reverse rotation.
After riding it once, I said that was enough. I was much happier on
Yamaha 250 Enduro another friend had. (My Kawasaki 100 wasn't much
offroad.) http://tinyurl.com/oh986yw

I sure miss the smell of burnt castor oil from those old braappers.

The Trials skills were at low speed, like a throttle-controlled
full-lock turn, balancing in place, driving over a stump, crossing a
shallow river and climbing the bank. The river bottom was slippery
rounded boulders and its bank was steep sand with a turf overhang at
the top. I could do them, barely, though I never learned to kiss a
boulder.

I have a Suzuki 185 with trials tires which will do everything
including cruise up the Interstate but in my hands doesn't do any of
them really well. At least it's light enough to muscle out of a mud
pit.

-jsw