Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default Honda's New Fuel Injected 2-Stroke

On 7/21/2015 10:29 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Attempting to learn it was a very humbling experience for me. So was
ice racing. I could bumble around the courses but was nowhere near
competitive.
http://www.mvtr.org/

My dad had a Montesa 348 Cota. Amazing bike. In the day, on that bike, I
could have done pretty well at an amateur level. But today's riders...
wow. Had to modify the rules, used to be points for coming to a complete
stop in a section, now that's almost a requirement in most sections.
(for non trials riders, points are given in each section for various
infractions, out of bounds, touching ground with feed [dabbing], etc, up
to a max of 5 per section. A perfect score is zero)

Watched a guy at an event scale a near vertical rock wall at least 6'
high. Guy was in his 70's!

Saw a pristine Mick Andrews Replica Ossa not far from me at a reasonable
price. Tempted...

Jon