Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Philadelphia man murdered by 13 and 14 year old black teens

On 7/21/2015 11:20 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 08:07:25 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

The first time I read it I saw it the same way he did. I don't think
I'll accept blame for you stating it poorly, especially since you are
usually more careful about how you state things.

At some point, editors have to assume their readers have some common
sense. It isn't always true, but it's a practical working hypothesis
with most subjects.

Which is why I reread what you wrote and understood what you had tried
to say while stating it poorly.

However, I recognize that gun discussions often have nothing to do
with common sense.

I see emotional arguments on both sides of the issue all the time. Very
few rational arguments for gun control, though. What the gun controllers
identify as "common sense" start and end with "guns are bad".

David