Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Philadelphia man murdered by 13 and 14 year old black teens

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:58:25 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 20:36:35 -0400, Joe Gwinn
wrote:

In article , Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 15:07:21 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

[snip]
Virtually all of them were purchased legally. You still haven't
addressed that.

Yes, a pistol is purchased legally in 1950, stolen in 2014, bought on
the street in 2014 and used in a crime in 2014. What's your point?

David

The point is that you aren't paying attention to the stats. According
to the FBI, the average time between a legal gun purchase and its use
in a crime is 2-1/2 years.

I assume that you are not claiming that all legally bought guns end up
in criminal hands within 2.5 years, although one can read the statement
that way.

With about 300 million firearms in private hands, this would be quite
the shootout.

Joe Gwinn

Its now closer to 400 million firearms in the US, in private hands....

I'll bet it's more, and add another, what, 150mil with the plain
criminals, gangs, mob, and cartel operatives here in the States?

(Did you get the resend of my email to both of your addies? No email
response yet. Tick tock.)

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess