Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does this count

Pete Keillor wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 07:00:10 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 17:53:24 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:17:01 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

as metalworking ? I just lined a cake pan with foil for the
cinnamon rolls that are rising in the dough machine . I'll bake
those rolls in the same foil-lined steel cake pan when they've
proofed . The oven is also metal ... mostly .
Anybody wanna see pics of the finished product ?

Yes, and NO, respectively.

Prolly ruint 'em with sugar drizzled all over 'em, too, dincha?
Egad!

Chocolate glaze . Extra raisins . If'n y'all can get here before
they're gone ... I've been doing all our baking except certain
desserts that are the wife's . Bread that is as light and fluffy as
store bought , bread sticks that are better . It's all in how
kneady you are ...

Heathen! Ruining a good chocolate fix with pedestrian raisins?
Ick.

Ah , but I didn't make 'em for you , I made 'em for the wife and I .
Besides , there's always a semi-sweet bar here for when I get that
jones . Ever tried dried pineapple dipped in chocolate ?

My doc's got me on Sugar Busters diet, so I haven't had dessert in
over a year. Still wants me to lose more weight, glucose and A1C a
little above range. I'm trying.

Lucky for me, I'm not addicted to sweets, just food. More of a savory
kind of guy. I can still bake them, though. Just can't touch. I'll
make a couple of chocolate pecan pies, or my old favorite, peach
kuchen (both my departed mom's recipes), for a crowd of kin or a
celebration. Just don't eat them. I won't make her tea ring. Letting
dough rise 3-4 times is too damn much work to not eat some.

Pete Keillor

I must admit to a sweet tooth , but I just like to eat too . Got a pot of
spaghetti sauce simmering now , used tomatoes I harvested yesterday in it .
Trying a new-to-me sauce/paste/salsa tomato called san marzano . Looks like
a winner , and smells like it too ...
Metalworking content : I made the tomato cages with 6" concrete re-wire ,
and MIG welded the joints .
--
Snag