w wallace

Default rca ptk195ac

Was burning the midnight oil a little too long and not thinking on my last
post, trying to do three jobs at once, has my tv not only fried, but my
logical thinking too.

As have the STK730-130 on the "Z" shaped heatsink ( and of course no
compound). Checking further info on small label is as reads... PTK195AC
S 7402K2D..
and nothing further identifing asa " _A or _A2".

So if we updated the board... and maybe eliminate this problem board, would
you have one to sell, limited on time to spend on aquiring and rebuilding a
new board here (not enough hours in a day for me) or maybe direct me to a
source to find one? Or should I just bite the bullet and find a replacement
STK730-130 and stick it in? And will this help solve the problem for a
longer period of time? This OE lasted 6 years.

Thanks for your help Jason .

Wes

Watching movies on a 25" is not the same as on the 60".
"Jason D." wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:30:52 GMT, "w wallace"
wrote:

your right some of thoseSTK's are very expensive and nolonger available

of
course. Also not able to find a cross reference either. Tought maybe

you
might have the part numbers and the supplier that might have them in

stock.

Take a look,
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/STK.html

Is the cross reference for these STK 730-xxx. You do happen to have
few in your scrap pile for suitable sub, exact part or upsize STK if
you don't have one on hand or is in rush. Otherwise, buy that newer
conv power-boards. These STK were all same except only for power
ratings, the regulation is done from seperate windings for feedback
only to the IC itself and voltages is set by number of windings on the
outputs. Power rating is sized accordingly to transformer core, and
insuring sufficent capacity by that IC and guage size on windings.

In reading your post you refered to a "P61939... and mine is model #
P60812BLLG2., chassis # PTK195AC.
Are we on the same sheet of music here?? Just checking.

Hahaha... Actually the more to piece together complete info for sure
parts ordering is smaller sticker for the PTK195AC_x. The "x". I
show two kinds listed in partfinder for yours. _A or _A2.

Oh yeah, I remembered had to replace this IC same model STK 730-xxx
IC. Still can get them new IC from RCA or one of RCA's authorized
distributors.

The P61939YX1 used STK730 mounted on big Z shaped heatsink and had no
heatsink compound or thermal pad, YX2 used newer power boards w/ small
U shaped heatsink, basically same chassis with few minor differences.
The main plm was underrated diode pair only on newer power boards.

would appreciate any further help you might have.

thanks,
Wes

Cheers,

Wizard