Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B. Slocomb[_3_] John B. Slocomb[_3_] is offline

Default Source of one's rights? One's creator, of course was Confederate History - Dispelling The Myths

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 06:33:59 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"John B. Slocomb" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 11:49:48 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Wed, 15 Jul 2015
11:28:22 -0700
On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:09:11 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 17:45:59 -0700 (PDT), Rex

wrote:

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 9:16:06 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those
'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out
these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

As I explained it to a friend we are "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." That Creator can be God, or it can be
your sire and dame. But the rights are intrinsic to you, not a boon
granted by the King.

I would question the "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." Endowed? What proof do we have for that
statement? Carved in Tablets of Stone?

--
pyotr filipivich

cheers,

John B.

They were on the tablet that Moses dropped.

Nope. Moses smashed the first set in anger over the Israelites not
obeying the laws, and had to carve a second set.

--
cheers,

John B.