Jason D.

Default RCA F36450 aka ATC113

On 06 Aug 2003 12:08:41 GMT, (John Del) wrote:

Subject: RCA F36450 aka ATC113
From:
(Gurkle)
Date: 8/5/03 10:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Have an RCA F36450 tv set. ATC113 chassis. Not 1 year old yet. I
bought it at an auction "as-is" dead. Pulled the back off and found

Snip

Again, the pic looks fine so I dont suspect the yoke or crt (unless
some wierd intermittent thing). Any help HIGHLY appreciated, as this
set is driving me to start drinking again !! 8-P Mike

Change the jungle IC and the crystal.

John Del
Wolcott, CT

Del, Certain? This ATC113 chassis is digital and been like this way
since CTC17x. jungle is programmable so it doesn't use external
components to set an H-freq, it's stored in eeprom. Replace flyback
bec the pix is breaking up bec of radiated noise and audible noise
(arcing) on internal G2 and stressing HOT to destruction. Also check
that G2 cap for intemittent break down. New flyback for this one is
not that expensive and worth fixing.

Can see that noisy power with scope on G2 if you get ticking noise.

Cheers,

Wizard