Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I need a good IR absorbing surface

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 17:19:12 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 7:51:32 PM UTC-4, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
On 7/14/2015 7:12 PM, wrote:
... I thought about maybe
taking the thing apart and putting a mirror inside that would make the
sensor see at an angle so that it wouldn't detect the underside of the
countertop but then it might open when someone walks past. ...

How about putting the mirror under the counter top?

I would try some aluminum foil taped under the counter top.

If you really need an adsorber, you could try some black paint. I would try black paint on cardboard before painting the underside of the counter.

How about a make and model? The manufacturer might have some info that would help figure out a solution.

Dan

Greetings Dan and Bob,
I thought of this and tried the aluminum foil thing last night when I
got home and could only make it work when it was angled nearly 45
degrees and I'm looking for a flat solution. Thanks for the
suggestions though.
Eric