Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 12v inverters - Output voltage too high?

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 07:45:14 -0700 (PDT), PCS
wrote:

On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 9:19:49 AM UTC-4, robobass wrote:

Right. I know mine is sucking power even when switched off. Where we're going I need to leave the car a fair distance from the tent and will be using a spare battery, mostly without the inverter attached. Still have to work out options for recharging in the morning...

The Honda EU1000i or EU2000i are nice for camping. Big $$$ but also useful to have about if power fails in a storm.
http://powerequipment.honda.com/gene...models/eu1000i

Check Craigslist (assuming you are in North America) for that little
genset above. Folks tend to upsize over time and outgrow the little
gensets. That is a very nice genny for camping.

I have an old version, true geny, no inverter, still fairly quiet,
which I use for taking power out to the lake for working on trailers
while the boat is in the water.

For those of you who may not know how to find stuff on Craigslist the
easy way....

www.searchtempest.com