Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Great drill performance

On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 17:36:35 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

" fired this volley in
:

I recently bought an annular cutter off ebay. Due to circumstances
beyond my control, I have not used it for real work. But I think it
will be the bees knees for drilling largish holes.

When did 0.468" become a "largish" hole? What we want to know is the make
and model of the drill bit. That's an extraordinarily good life for a
'common' twist drill... split point or not.

Lloyd

2 weeks ago I drilled (16) 4.5" holes, then tapped them in a
reasonable sized chunk of 4140

Shrug...size is simply relative to what you have to work with.

Gunner