Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Math help needed.

Can't seem to figure out an answer. Permutation/combination stuff.
Suppose I have n red balls, x yellow balls, y green balls, and z orange
balls. (no blue. G) I need a formula for how many unique ways there
are to arrange them. Even better would be a formula for how many unique
ways to arrange them on the perimeter of a circle, so that no pattern
can be duplicated by rotating the circle. Extra credit for a link to an
algorithm to generate the patterns. Racking my brain, and Googling for
the last week.