Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 12v inverters - Output voltage too high?

"robobass" wrote in message
On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 4:45:17 PM UTC+2, PCS wrote:
On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 9:19:49 AM UTC-4, robobass wrote:

Right. I know mine is sucking power even when switched off. Where
we're going I need to leave the car a fair distance from the tent
and will be using a spare battery, mostly without the inverter
attached. Still have to work out options for recharging in the
morning...

The Honda EU1000i or EU2000i are nice for camping. Big $$$ but also
useful to have about if power fails in a storm.
http://powerequipment.honda.com/gene...models/eu1000i

--
PaulS

Honda? Dude, I drive a Maserati.

=================
My Honda SUV accepts a 12AWG silicone (140C) wire with a 1/4" Faston
in a spare fuse position under the hood, which I use to run
always-live 12V battery power in or out without the shorting risk of
unattended jumper cables.

This displays the voltage and current.
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Batter.../dp/B00EYZS6R6
I put 45A Anderson connectors on its leads and the car +12 and Gnd
because the meter reads current only one way, "Source" to "Load", so
it plugs in reversed when charging the battery.

I know nothing of Maseratis.

-jsw