Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Everything you didnt want to know about slavery

On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 23:36:25 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:21:29 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 07:17:30 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:
The stroke ...that was cared for by Riverside Co. ..Arrowhead Medical
Center. 2 shots, 1 IV and 4 days of rather yukky food..and it cost me
$135k. I went in on Friday..their stroke guy didnt show up until
Monday..he had been on a camping trip. Shrug..they released me the
next day.

It's good to know how the hospitals are treating folks so they can
justify the charges they make...

You didnt know this?

I don't remember having heard it all together before. It hurts to
listen to, y'know? (I suppose even moreso for you, as you lived it.)

Only $18k to tell you you had a cough? Great! This is precisely why
I thought Bammycare was a buncha bull****. He didn't even _try_ to
make the hospitals and doctors bring their rates down to human levels.
Or should I have said "humane" there? Prolly both.

Cough? I didnt have a cough..I had "discomfort" in my chest and
numbness in my right arm and hand. Obviously..bronchitis..right?

No, I was wondering how they could justify the complex cost of their
simplistic diagnosis.

Yes, you absolutely should have sued them for negligence.

I wasnt thinking very well frankly..and you know me well enough to
know I tend to not think that way in the first place.

Yes, I know, and I usually agree that lawsuits aren't a good idea, but
if some negligent entity could be made aware of its negligence and
save some lives, it's a Good Thing(tm). Those doctors and nurses are
going to have some mighty nasty karma to work out next time around, if
not sooner.

I should mention that when I was taken in for the stroke by
Arrowhead..they told me to "sign these papers"..I would go on
permanant disability and the government would take care of me from
then on. I looked at her..and drooled out.."are you kidding? Ive got
clients who depend on me..Ill be back to work in a week or two" She
looked at me funny..and left. Seems only 5% or less of folks have a
stroke after heart surgery..and it usually either kills them....or
****s them up for life.

One Atta Boy coming your way!

I sacrifice the viginity of at least one girl each year to Crom.

A worthy cause.

2 days after I got out..I made (2) service calls for clients and got
their machines running. Of course..I couldnt remember their
names..but I could fix the machines properly and quickly. The wife
had to tell me what town they were in..but I remembered how to get
there and I drove myself..though she did ride along to make sure I
wouldnt get lost. No problem with that at all. Shrug...took a couple
more weeks for the slurring and drooling to stop..and for me to get
back to :normal". Still not great with names..but 300% better today
than I was. Folks like Larry and many others have been to the
house...they can tell you Im almost normal..I dont drool much and I
can even speak where a guy can almost understand me. Though I
did..did lose most of the several languages I could babble
out..Vietnamese, German, some Russian..Jari..the usual. Shrug

Smokes like a fiend but doesn't drool...much.

1 pack a day. Period. Compared to many people..its not much.

I'm surprised it's that little. I used to smoke 2+ when I did. Egad,
what a fool; glad I'm over that and the drinking.

And if I have any weakness at all..its the inabliity to quit smoking.
and Crom knows Ive tried..19 times so far..patches, counseling, etc
etc etc. I need to do the hypnosis thing again. Last time..worked for
6 months..but I didnt go back for a refresher..my mistake. I simply
enjoy smoking too much. Though to be honest..I may have to relite a
cig 3-5 times. I tend to simply have it in my mouth and dont suck on
it. Something like a childs comfort toy. Shrug.

Quitting smoking is a choice, and it's very easy to do once you make
that choice. I cheated. Trying to quit, I had cut back to less than
half a pack a day. One day I woke up with the flu, and didn't smoke
for a few days. The first time I started feeling better and wanted a
cig, I caught myself, saying "Well, you are 3 days free of nicotine,
so why not just quit now." and I did. I crushed and flushed the pack
and never looked back. It was the 2nd best thing I've ever done.
Quitting drinking was the first.

Anyway, when you smarten up, you'll make that choice, too.

I have a CCW...and I didnt carry a weapon for almost a year..just out
of personal concern for my judgement. I could have...but I had some
anger issues as a result of the effects of the stoke..frustration and
fear mostly..but I didnt have any issues..so I started carrying again.

Well done, sir.

Had to go to my biyearly CCW requal. Id not shot for over a
year..closer to 2 yrs. Went to the class, got 100% on the paper
tests..went to the range and loaded my weapon for the first time
in..call it 18 months...fired 2 rounds..out in the 8 ring..and it all
came back..snapped back like a machine...the rest of the 60 rds were

Huh? My qual for Oregon is the instructor seeing me put two thru
paper at 15'. We all did a mag and he gave me kudos, but everyone was
bitching about the noise that little KelTec P-111 makes with the 3.5"
barrel. They say is sounds more like a 12ga than a 9mm when it goes
off. g

my normal 10s and Xs. High score as usual..and 2 weeks later..entered
a combat match, took first place, rifle, shotgun and handgun. Couldnt
remember the names of my fellow shooters...chuckle..but the muscle
memory was working just fine...and I knew who they were...asked "hows
that new baby doing" and did you ever get that new AR you were talking
about 2 yrs ago?" and so on. Im fairly well known in the shooting
circles...Ive known some of those guys for 30 yrs..I simply couldnt
remember their names. I knew what kind of guns they prefered and who
was my competition and who wasnt...just the names were gone. But..tell
me their names once or twice..and I didnt forget. So I wasnt too
****ed up.

Bueno, bwana.

It's a miracle some Californicator didn't get wind of a stroke victim
continuing to hold a Concealed license. They'd have ripped it from
your drool-covered hand.

Not in my county. Which among other reasons..I still live in Kern Co.
We have more CCWs than the ENTIRE rest of the state...combined.

Kudos, Kern County! But the sheriff would have to go by a doctor's
recommendation and foreclose on it, so you're lucky. Had you been
carrying when you were taken to the hospital, I'll bet the doctor
(which tried to kill you) would have done just that.

Its gotten a lot better since then and Im pretty much back to normal.
As you may recall..I didnt stop posting here on Usenet during that
time either. Which certainly helped refresh the memory. Though to be
fair... Ive read some of my posts right after the stroke..and I
noticed the difference in what I wrote..but then..people do
evolve...particularly after a lil thing like a stroke. Not much long
term drain bamage (Grin)..just enough to **** me off a mite. Mostly
all better now though..and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. Better
to simply kill em..than hobble em with a stroke. Now to be fair..a lot
of posters were born brain damaged...so if they had a stroke...they
would be well and deeply ****ed..more so than now.

Welcome back, Cotto. (Yeah, it's a type of salami.)

Danks ma'n! (whiping drool)

Jewelcome.

What doesn't kill you, only makes you hurt more.

Well..some mornings..its not a hell of a lot of fun to get out of
bed..particularly when Im under a half dozen big dogs. Easier to
simply go back to sleep. (Grin)

Get video of the lickin' so you can enjoy it later.

Did that Sunday..wife and I took a new lady friend sailing. A good

No, I meant with the taint licker here you were offering a chance to.

time was had by all. Anchors work when one wants to park someplace
private and visit..nature. Didnt bring a camera this time..maybe the
next time. (Wink)

Do that!

--
We are always the same age inside.