Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default them Big Old Airliners of the past was Solar plane reaches Hawaii

Gunner Asch on Sun, 05 Jul 2015 23:54:55 -0700

Are you really unable to see the significance of an American
commercial airliner nearly beating a purpose-built British racing
plane?

Not since the dementia hit him several years ago, no.

I'd love to watch some of today's commercial passengers _attempt_ to
walk up and down the aisle to their seats in a grounded Gooney Bird.
And I'd love to fly as a crewman in a Spooky version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAFVuG2KQqk Arr, arr, arr!

I didn't get a chance to fly in one, but there was a Ju-52 tri
motor on the base in Spain. Very hard to think of those as "big
Airliners" - even in 1972.

--
pyotr filipivich