Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Solar plane reaches Hawaii

On Mon, 6 Jul 2015 21:33:55 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 07:42:19 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I think the best thing to say about it at this point is that you and
Jim are good examples of why I got out of engineering school after
two
years. g I'll leave you to judge that, but the accurate thing is
that I didn't like the mechanistic perspective.

Did you do quick-draws with your log-log duplex decitrig slide rules
in the hallway? Seeing that was the thing that pushed me over the
top.
d8-)

It's a different world view. And it is consuming. And it is
inherently, irredeemably reductive.

I'm thankful that I can get a thrill out of the whole idea.

--
Ed Huntress

You scorn when I quote hard science, and equally when I quote epic
poetry. Where is your little comfort zone in between them?

I don't think I've scorned any genuine, hard science. I don't recall
your quotes of epic poetry. Although I enjoy some of the great epic
poems, I would not, personally, quote any of them to make a point of
any kind I can think of.

If you've noticed, 90% of what I scorn is scornfulness.

--
Ed Huntress