Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] walter_evening@post.com is offline

Default Solar plane reaches Hawaii

On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 12:37:22 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

It flew 2/3 of the way across the Pacific, to Hawaii, in one hop and
flying at night -- on solar power.

That's why it got headlines. That's what will stick in some people's
minds when solar power is discussed.
Ed Huntress

I kept Chinese takeout cold in my refrigerator overnight with solar
power.

Where are all the reporters?

Well, to be frank Jim, The New York Times (Dec 29, 1988) mentioned something about an "Iron Triangle" being a function of "Congress, special interest groups and the news media -- an interesting example of Orwellian newspeak".

Now who knows? If you aren't a part of either of those three, then I guess you can't always expect the media to just show up all willy-nilly.