Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Solar plane reaches Hawaii

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Does it fly? g
--
Ed Huntress

As a kid I discovered that I could make a very light poly film
parachute fly on a humid sunny day. I cut them from dry cleaners' bags
and ballasted them with a tiny twig, just barely enough weight to keep
them open. The shroud knot tucks pulled the flat canopy sheet into a
mushroom shape. They rose slowly on thermals and glistened like
polished metal from the sun and cloud reflections as they drifted out
of sight over the distant treetops.

This was in Exeter, NH in the 1950's, upwind from Betty and Barney
Hill's house.

I had nothing to do with the 1965 incident in Kensington. At that time
I was launching my UFO balloons in Durham.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exeter_incident