Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can I melt lead?

On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 16:02:51 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 11:38:29 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Tom Gardner on Sat, 04 Jul 2015 06:51:03 -0400 typed
On 7/3/2015 1:59 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:

OTOH, my brother managed to strip the wax off the kitchen floor
when he spilled a quarter pound of molten lead off the stove. Didn't
get a drop on him, but we found lead under the fridge when we moved
out.
--
pyotr filipivich

My best is having a live primer somehow getting into the boolit reject
can then pouring the rejects into the melt pot. I still have lead spots
on the ceiling and not a speck got on me. I check everything that goes
in the pot very carefully.

Had a friend melting down pewter ware. Didn't know about the
hollow handle - big splash of pewter all over the basement.

Oh, and I once notices something odd about the 303 round - primer
was inserted backwards.

Doesnt go Bang very well in that orientation.

The question is: How do you press and seat one backwards without it
going off?

--
Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult,
whereas I am merely in disguise.