Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Everything you didnt want to know about slavery

On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 13:15:29 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 08:18:23 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 20:16:16 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 01:50:26 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 06:18:30 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jul 2015 15:06:25 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 18:16:31 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:41:42 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 08:16:03 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 04:35:42 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

http://www.vice.com/read/hey-v12n5

An interesting article. Of course the first line in the article says
that it is for people in "elementary school" which, in the U.S. seems
to be the first 4 grads in the school system. the Wiki says for
children between the ages of 4 - 11.

Which apparently says something about either your reading, or
comprehensive, ability.

--
cheers,

John B.

I posted it because we have Leftists here and we all know that they
are dummer than dirt. Now do you have a problem with the Contents of
the article..or are you simply bitching because it explained things so
the Leftist could understand it?

Hummm?

Gunner

No, I didn't spend a lot of time studying the article, but it seemed
to say that at various times slavery has been a part of almost every
society, which, of course, is true. After winning the Battle of
Alesia, September, 52 BC, Julius Caesar gave each soldier in his army
one of the captured as a slave. This amounted to something like forty
thousand slaves.... from a single campaign. In his eight years of
campaigning against the Gaul's, he was said to have enslaved more than
a million people.

What the article seemed to ignore was that in nearly every society
slavery died out primarily because slaves, while cost effective in a
purely agricultural environment are somewhat less efficient when the
society becomes less dependent on agriculture and begins to depend
more on machinery.

Yes..and your excellent summation had what to do with Leftist world
views?

Gunner

I don't know, after all you would be a far better spokesman for the
"leftist" side of things, being the recipient of government furnished
medical care. In a purely "rightist" environment - pay for what you
get - you would be under the ground.

Odd.."government supplied medical care". Oh..you mean like Medicare
and VA care and whatnot?

Gunner

Nope, I was referring to the government mandated laws that say a
hospital must give emergency treatment. If you had to prove that you
were capable of paying the medical bills before you were admitted you
would be laying six feet below the surface.

Say..does that work the same with with Medicare and the VA?

Hummm?

Now..if you have a problem with the "government mandated
laws"..perhaps you should take it up with the government?

Or are you simply being an ass visa vis me, personally? And if
so..how did I manage to **** in your cornflakes?

Hummm?

Nope. I have no problem with either the government or you.

I was just reminding you that for all your ranting and raving about
"left-wingers" you apparently were quite happy to take advantage of
the "left-wing-style nanny government that cares for you" style
treatment that you got at the hospital.

Odd..Ive been paying taxes for about 50 yrs and I could have bitten
the bullet and gone to the VA. So what "leftwing style blah blah" are
you talking about?

I would have assumed that a "True Blue Right Winger" would have
refused treatment until he could provide evidence that he could pay
for treatment rendered.

Why? Its the law isnt it that my taxes get used for Medicare..among
other things..right?

Think Ive not paid my fair share in hummm...45 yrs?

Gunner