Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Jenny/Emglo compressor opinions

The Rubber hoses are melted in some of the additives.
Many a engine fire occurred as they started the experiments.

New cars have Neoprene which is ok. I've never heard of it dissolving.

Martin

On 6/30/2015 11:18 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 10:53:04 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:31:23 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

I have an Emglo gasoline driven portable compressor that has been
an
exceptionaly handy compressor. Has a B&S 5hp motor on it that I
need
to replace the seals in the carby..but it worked very well for
many
years. Its on my To Do list. $10 at an auction some 10 or so
years
ago as I recall. It still works just hunky dorey..but the carby is
bad
and runs like crap. ....

Gunner

Funny, I've had to replace several old float bowl gaskets in the
last
few years. I wonder if it's something about the gas.

That, or letting the gaskets dry out between uses/old drying gas
varnishing up...

Which is the problem, storing dry or letting the gas deteriorate?

Or both?

The bowl gaskets crumbled when I removed the bowl to clean and dry it
before putting the engine away.
-jsw

Ethanol eats neoprene - I won't use any gas containing ethanol in
anything but my car and that is on lease.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada