Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Unusual gifts

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 09:29:39 -0700 (PDT), "Dave, I can't do that"
wrote:

On Friday, June 26, 2015 at 3:57:33 PM UTC-7, Ignoramus23199 wrote:
I am wondering if anyone else ever received unusual gifts.

I have a 14" band saw that the drive wheel was really wobbly and the bearing was shot. Except when I opened it up, the split pin had dropped out of the wheel retaining nut and loosened it off. A zero dollar and two minute repair. Emailed them they could come and get it, but they never did.

I got a small Emco CNC milling that could not be made to work. I found a 5-pin DIN plug on the back panel was missing. It just connected one of two lines depending on set up to be used. A piece of jumper wire pushed in Pin-1 to pin-4 and bingo another zero dollar repair, well, after about ten minutes with the manual I found online. I offered to return this one but they had replaced it so said "keep it."

Quite a few others, 60W laser engraver, 65W CO2 medical laser tube and controller.

Very cool, all.

--
Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult,
whereas I am merely in disguise.