Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Edge clips

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 01:02:45 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:47:37 -0700, wrote:

On Friday, June 26, 2015 at 6:08:00 PM UTC-4, Tim Wescott wrote:

Are there clips available for thermopane windows?

--

Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Not that I know of. But Thermopane windows do not have any clips on
the finished window. They rely on the sealant to hold the pieces
together.

You could probably just use c-clamps to hold the pieces of fiberglass
together. And apply sealant except right at the c-clamps. And after
the sealant hos set up, remove the c-clamps , and apply sealant where
the c-clamps were.

I'm trying to come up with a plan B in case we decide that gluing things
together permanently is a bad idea.

Gee, how could permanent glue, duct tape, bubblegum, or baling wire
_ever_ be a bad idea, Tim?

The engineers at SouthCom, Int'l. (ca 1972) solvent-glued lexan
windows into the lexan front panels of their manpack radios. As a QA
inspector, I bounced dozens and my boss OKed only slightly fewer. (I
mean, who needs to see the state of the battery charge or the xmit
power out on the battlefield, anyway? I'm sure the (Paki) soldiers
were perfectly happy with cloudy windows.)

P.S: I personally believe that Crom invented o-rings for a purpose.

--
Find out what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them.