Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Edge clips

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:47:37 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, June 26, 2015 at 6:08:00 PM UTC-4, Tim Wescott wrote:

Are there clips available for thermopane windows?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Not that I know of. But Thermopane windows do not have any clips on the finished window. They rely on the sealant to hold the pieces together.

You could probably just use c-clamps to hold the pieces of fiberglass together. And apply sealant except right at the c-clamps. And after the sealant hos set up, remove the c-clamps , and apply sealant where the c-clamps were.

Dan

Or just apply the sealant- pop the two peices together, and clamp them
untill the sealant has set.. Or just butter the joint with resin and
microballoons and pop it together. (But I assume the reason for gasket
and clips is to allow future dissassembly??)

Composite aircraft and fiberglass auto bodies are fabricated by this
method all the time.