Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Edge clips

On 6/26/2015 1:35 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
So, any time I ask about something specific it seems to be unobtainium.

Is there such a think as a stock line of clips for various thicknesses of
material?

I'm looking for something shaped like this (view in fixed-width):

) (
| |
| |
'----'

Ideally the throat of the clip would be 5/16" wide; the depth is quite
negotiable. Even more ideally, there would be a variety of clip sizes
and gauges available. Even more ideally yet, the clips would be
available in stainless steel, or some other metal that can stand salt
water.

Your thoughts appreciated, although "Tim! You're crazy!" won't get you
far -- I'm already aware of that.

Without knowing your use or if it is a clip you need, my first
thought is aluminum channel. Cut it to the length you want for each
clip. It also comes in different widths, so your throat can be what ever
you can find available. Lowes and HD stock some sizes.
Mikek

---