Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_6_] Tim Wescott[_6_] is offline

Default Edge clips

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 12:50:42 -0700, wrote:

On Friday, June 26, 2015 at 2:35:25 PM UTC-4, Tim Wescott wrote:

Is there such a think as a stock line of clips for various thicknesses
of material?

Your thoughts appreciated, although "Tim! You're crazy!" won't get you
far -- I'm already aware of that.

I do not know of a source, but I think you should give us an idea of
what you are trying to do.

What? Why?

I want to clip two fiberglass panels together, compressing a gasket
that's in between. Then I want to put a rubber edge seal around the
whole shebang.

In theory just the rubber edge seal would do, but I don't want to try to
explain that thinking to an unhappy customer.

If you took the arms off , would a clip for papers work?

Almost, yes. The typical rolled edges of that sort of paper clip would
be a bit of an issue, but not much.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services