Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Picture of a broken crankshaft

rangerssuck wrote:
On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 11:02:06 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:
On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 11:37:14 PM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:
In a shop where I worked, a somewhat amusing lunchtime activity was
taking clapped-out bearings, washing all the lube & dirt out of
them, holding the inner race between thumb & index finger, spinning
them up to some insane speed with an air gun & putting them down in
the parking lot. They'd go some pretty impressive distances.

In a (woodworking) shop where I worked , I epoxied a quarter to
the concrete floor . Asshole floor sweeper used my best chisel to
take it up . He did it on a day I was out ...

--
Snag

Not often that you'll find me quoting scripture, but...
Leviticus 19:14 : "You shall not curse the deaf nor place a
stumbling block before the blind."

A quick summary of the rabbinic interpretation of this verse is:
"It is an admonition not to take advantage of the weak and the
helpless or to place temptation in the path of those who may be
morally weak."

snipped several hundred lines of Biblical analysis ...

principles as "The stranger who resides with you shall be treated the
same as the native-born and you love him as yourself" (Leviticus
19:34) and "loving your fellow human being as yourself" (Leviticus
19: 18).

_____________________________________
Reference

Leibowitz, Nehama (1983). Studies in Vayikra (Leviticus). Jerusalem:
World Zionist Organization.

All this over a quarter glued to the floor as a joke ? That coin had been
there for at least a month , everybody knew it was there and the joke was
dead - unless somebody that didn't work there came thru . This prick used my
best chisel on purpose , he for some obscure reason made all kinds of
problems for me .

--
Snag