Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Picture of a broken crankshaft

rangerssuck fired this volley in
:

This was all 40-odd (very odd) years ago, and I still have both eyes
and all fingers are intact. But yeah, it was pretty nuts, but these
things did go several hundred feet before hitting the building across
the street.

Even a 'little one' with a 2' flywheel can f-up a coke machine at 100'
away! Saw that at a transformer factory when I worked in the design lab
there. All we did all day long was 'burn in' prototypes, and characterize
temperature rise and hot resistance. Some "lab".

Lloyd